23-year-old A Techie from Infosys drowns in a car as rain floods a Bengaluru subway

When the unfortunate occurrence happened on Sunday, the victim had rented the car to show her family about Bengaluru.
23-year-old A Techie from Infosys drowns in a car as rain floods a Bengaluru subway

BENGALURU: A 23-year-old woman lost her life after the MUV she was travelling in, along with five other family members, sunk in the flooded KR Circle subway on Sunday afternoon after heavy rain for just about an hour created havoc in numerous areas of the city. At that hour, there was 35–40 mm of rain in the area.
Bhanu Rekha, an Infosys employee who now calls Pragathinagar in the vicinity of Electronic City home, is a native of Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. Her Andhra family had travelled to Bengaluru to see her.

She rented a multi-use Mahindra Xylo to take them around the city. According to authorities, Bhanu Rekha, her five relatives, and the driver were all in the MUV when the awful occurrence occurred.Driven By

As he approached from the Vidhana Soudha side, the driver, Harish, reported to Ulsoor Gate police that he had seen two autorickshaws travelling in the subway in front of him. He believed that his car could also easily pass through the subway.

Harish described his terrifying encounter, saying, "But, due to flooding, my car became stranded in the subway. The water level quickly rose, and doors quickly became stuck."

We attempted to ask bystanders for assistance. Within a short time, a few members of the general public and the rescue team professionals arrived. Within my car, there were five women and one man, and they were all frightened. Sadly, we were unable to save one of the women, but we were able to save five of them, the driver said. Journalist Manjunath C of a TV news programme claimed that while covering the downpour near KR Circle, he heard screaming coming from the subway.

"I observed that the water level had risen to more than 80% of the height of the car and was on the verge of submerging. I asked a passerby for assistance to rescue the occupants inside the car because I can't swim. Yet I was unable to get assistance. I then dialled the emergency and fire control room. I waved down a rescue crew from the fire and emergency services at around 4 o'clock after noticing them nearby. Six people were rescued from the car, according to Manjunath.

Rekha was removed from the car unconscious, according to the police, and was taken to the hospital, where the medical staff pronounced her dead. The rescue squad managed to save Rekha's five relatives, including her mother Swaroopa, 46, and Samrajyam, 65, Shamita, 13, Shovita, 15, and Sandeep, 25. According to her family and the public who rushed her to St. Martha's Hospital on Nrupatunga Road, she would still be alive today if medical personnel had responded as soon as she was brought in. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah hurried to the scene and the hospital in the meantime.

"Hospital workers claimed that after the sufferer was brought in for care, they acted rapidly. Dr. Vaishali DS, emergency medical officer, St Martha's Hospital, told TOI: "The woman was frothing at the mouth, her pupils were dilated, and there was no pulse. If there are claims that the hospital delayed in treating her, officials would look into the situation and take appropriate action. Right away, an ECG was performed, and it revealed a flat line. She was pronounced deceased after drowning.

The CM disclosed a Rs. 5 lakh award to Rekha's family. Additionally, he stated that the government will pay the medical bills for her family members who were locked in the car.