Heatwave: The Ballia hospital's death toll now stands at 68 after 14 further fatalities.
Many areas of northern India are still suffering from an extreme heatwave. Rainfall did provide some relief for the nation's capital, but eastern Uttar Pradesh, especially Ballia, was hardest hit by the heat.
Here are the most recent updates on the nation's heatwave situation.
1. In the past 24 hours, 14 more patients who had been critically ill and were admitted to Ballia District Hospital had passed away. As a result, 68 people have died in the past four days. "On June 18, 178 patients were admitted to hospitals. 14 of them passed away in the previous day. According to Dr. Jayant Kumar, the head medical officer at Ballia, those who passed away had a variety of illnesses. "More coolers and fans have been set up. A team from Lucknow is looking into the situation.The crew visited the locations where the majority of victims were admitted to the hospitals on Monday. The researchers took urine and blood samples from the patients and sent them off for analysis. After the report is received, the situation will become obvious, he continued.
2. Yogi Adityanath, the chief minister, presided over a high-level meeting to assess the heatwave situation in Uttar Pradesh. He instructed the officials to guarantee that there were clear plans in place at every level to protect common life, livestock, and wildlife.
3. Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of Bihar, avoided inquiries from reporters on the Uniform Civil Code by making a reference to the heatwave. That is extremely hot. "Bahut garmi hai...sab baat hoga baad mein, abhi bahut garmi hai." Let's discuss everything afterwards," he said.
4. On Monday, rain brought some relief from the scorching in the nation's capital. The national capital's heat response plan is complete and will be presented to the Center, according to officials from the Delhi government who spoke to PTI.
5. A spokesperson for the Indian Meteorological Department told PTI that West Bengal, which was also suffering from an extreme heatwave, got some relief after the southwest monsoon hit some districts in the North and South 24 Parganas, Kolkata, Nadia, Hooghly, Murshidabad, Birbhum, and Purba Bardhaman districts.